If you wondered where I’ve been the last year, I’ve been on Google+ and somehow didn’t feel like posting anything useful in the last couple of months.
However, I’ve got quite a few cool projects running:
- Got me a pair of Infiniband Adapters. Plan: Brew up a software which will receive data via IP on multiple IB-nodes and write the data to distributed shared memory via RDMA/IB. Then let one or more IB-nodes read from that (ring)-buffer and aggregate data so that it can be shoved into an RDBMS.
- Brew up an AWS image for easy BOINC-crunching while preserving the workunits on a headnode. Why? Because images on the AWS spot-market are cheap. But spot-machine do not retain any data. So I might be putting it into S3 along with some headnode directing which machine (machines id keeps changing!) can work on which workunits.
- Become more confident in the language Erlang. Got quite a few projects which could benefit from easy protocol prototyping with ASN.1 in Erlang. Stay tuned.
- Got me a Spartan-3E FPGA board. Not sure what to do with it, but it’s awesome :)
- Was playing around with GNU Radio and my RTL DVB-receiver recently.
- Doing some serious Openstreetmap work recently.
- Mrs. Janssen and be got fond of geocaching. Lot’s of outdoor stuff. Sweet!
- Been to this year’s Linuxbierwanderung. Was awesome!
I ain’t dead yet.